acoel flatworm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can use flatworm exit. It will wipe them out and you'll have a spike if there are a ton of them. I suggest vacuuming out as many as you can before using it. I just leave them alone. Their populations boom and then crash just as fast.

I bought some Halimeda from the lfs and got all bad things from it. Bubble algae those flat worms and Aiptasia. Just from a couple handfuls. Kinda sucks but I guess it happens

Yes. That's been my experience. They are ambush predators that eat pods along with getting some nutrition from light. If you have a large pod population you'll have a boom, they will eat the pods gone, and then try to perch on your tallest things to reach for light, like corals.
In some cases a wrasse could either eat them or eat the pod population down so they start to starve out. Years ago i had a massive bloom of red planaria and at that time I added a pair of fairy wrasses. I never saw the wrasses actually eat a flatworm, but shortly after this, they all started to disappear. They were never seen again in that tank, even after a power outage took out the wrasses.

Back
Top Bottom