acrylic tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greatgman

Aquarium Advice Freak
ne1 got 1 ?
do u like it better than glass?
i heard that acrylic tanks are far superior to glass tanks (more durable ,clearer, lighter, thermaly more efficent (better controls tem swings) )
and they hold their value better than glass

i"m asking this because i am considering one for my next upgrade sometime next year
(maybe 180 -200 gallon)

I prefer acrylic. They are more durable ,clearer, lighter, and more thermally efficient but they scratch easier if you are not careful. Scratches are easy to remove though. I like it better than the 2 glass tanks I have, but everyone has a opinion.

I personally like glass better becuase you dont have to baby them so much. The scratches on acrylic are easy to remove but its just a hastle.
My next tank will be a Oceanic Tank.
But like Brenden says, everyone has a opinion.

a friend of mine just bought a 300g glass tank wich weighs a ton and cant get it down the stairs into the basement,we couldnt find anyone in town to build it from acrilic,the main tank builder/dristributor here wont build acrilic tanks because silicone dosnt bond as well as glass

You dont use silicone on acrylic. you use acrylic cement. It chemicaly bonds the acrylic together, Making it one piece.
I built Many tanks out of acrylic. my biggest was a 83 gallon. You can get acrylic cement at TapPlastics.com

Back
Top Bottom