Acrylic vs glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some people do...I never did, and we both came to the same result and didn't break our bottom panes. It's up to you. Once sand is on that glass, nothing is going to break it.

I got my new tank home this weekend. It's up and running. We don't have our lights on yet. There are a few concerns
1. Do I need lights to cycle
2. There is a glass cover covering take should i take it off? I'm worried about the ph.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1421701219774.jpg
    1421701219774.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 105
No need to have the lights on to cycle. And there isn't a need for a glass top with a canopy...if you want to have something over the water level just get yourself some egg crate to put down.

No need to have the lights on to cycle. And there isn't a need for a glass top with a canopy...if you want to have something over the water level just get yourself some egg crate to put down.

Agree as well. In the event you decide to use egg crate, ONLY use the standard whit colored type. DO NOT paint it or use the silver plated type. It will flake off and land in your tank creating issues.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Are you adding the contents of the cube? If not, I would want a bit more rock in there.
It looks good though...and now you upgraded nicely!

Yes i have added some more rock from the cube last night. I have about 100 lbs of rock, and about 50 lbs more from the sale. I like my rocks there is more colors on them. Mr X should I be doing a refugrum on my new tank? Or just put rocks in my sump with no light?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom