adding a black clownfish unsafe or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bstariv

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Alright I'm a new member:n00b::n00b: and I myself don't know that much about aquariums my dad does most of the work. So we were at the store getting some new cichlids for our freshwater tank so while waiting we came across a tank with a black clownfish in it. My dad seemed to like this fish and i want to get it for him as a gift (a surprise), but when a called the store they said that if i add it to our saltwater tank it would probably get killed by the other fish. (We have 3 clown fish and a few damsels in the tank) So i really wanted to surprise him but is it really unsafe or is their some way i would be able to acclimate it, because my dad did add more clown fish to the tank previously.

Sorry for the lengthyness, thanks

wat size is the tank? Three clowns in a smaller tank is already asking for one to get killed. Are any of them paired up. wat type of clowns are the three?

You already have 3 clowns in the twenty gallon tank. Yes you dont want to add any more clowns to that tank. Welcome to AA

Back
Top Bottom