Adding Ammonia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you have your skimmer? If so I'd run it right how. It can take 2-3 weeks for skimmers to break in. As to changing trites to trates...no. Just let it take it's time.

Do you have your skimmer? If so I'd run it right how. It can take 2-3 weeks for skimmers to break in. As to changing trites to trates...no. Just let it take it's time.

Yes, I have one. But I was under the impression that I wasn't supposed to be running it during the cycle process because it will remove the stuff needed for the cycle? Is that incorrect?

I'm not running my skimmer during the cycle process. Is there anything I can do to help facilitate the conversion of NitrIte to NitrAte?

Sure is.....Wait. :) Not trying to smart but the is the best thing you can do right now. Just hang tight. Know why it takes a baby 9 months to be born? To prepare the Mom and the Dad. Use the waiting period wisely by reading all you can. Plan your stock list and research each fish to make sure they will all get along with each other and the corals.

Yes, I have one. But I was under the impression that I wasn't supposed to be running it during the cycle process because it will remove the stuff needed for the cycle? Is that incorrect?

The skimmer will remove excess nutrients that would otherwise feed algae and unwanted stuff. I will not affect your cycle in the least. It isn't needed but it won't hurt either.

Back
Top Bottom