Adding baserock to tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MarkW19 said:
I'll change 100% of the water and start again - the foil was touching a bit of the water surface for approx 12 hours - after I've changed the water, let it sit for at least 4 days (probably more), let it dry out and then rinsed it in used SW before adding it to my main tank
Just change the water a few times to be safe. Letting them dry out won't benefit anything.

do you think there'll still be a problem there (even if there was in the first place)?
May never have been a problem in the first place but it's always best to err on the side of caution. I don't think it will be an issue in the long run though.

Cheers
Steve

I'll actually have to take the rocks out of my container anyway because it's the only container big enough the re-mix the water for the water change :p

I'm intending changing 100% of the water (basically starting again with it - the rocks will be out of the water for a couple of days between changes) every week for the next 4 weeks - that ok?

MarkW19 said:
I'll actually have to take the rocks out of my container anyway because it's the only container big enough the re-mix the water for the water change :p
Buy another mixing container :wink:

I'm intending changing 100% of the water (basically starting again with it - the rocks will be out of the water for a couple of days between changes) every week for the next 4 weeks - that ok?
Personally I think your overdoing it. Catious is one thing but I think your going farther tha you need to. In the beginning at least the main reason for doing this was to help eliminate contaminates. Then the ammonia was detected but once the ammonia reading is gone, there's no reason to do this any longer. A couple of good water changes and you should be good to go. There's no point in prolonging it for 4 weeks.

Cheers
Steve

I was just saying I'd do the 4 100% waterchanges to get rid of the aluminium oxide, if present :p

How many 100%'s would you recommend doing then?

2 at most. If after that and say a weeks time passes with no more ammonia, it's ready.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom