Adding cleanup crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zidion

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I added the live rock and live sand to my tank about 10 days ago. In terms of cycling everything seems to be stable (ammonia is at .25, still waiting for it to drop to 0).

I've started to get some algae on the sand, as well as the rocks. Should I go ahead and some cleanup critters now? Or wait until the ammonia has fully dropped? I am going out of town for a couple of days and I don't want the algae to take over, so I wanted to plan ahead (already got apex jr to control lights and keep me updated).

If you are worried about the algae since the tank is cycling just leave your lights out while you are out of town.

If you are worried about the algae since the tank is cycling just leave your lights out while you are out of town.

But won't that kill off the good things on my live rock? Like the coraline algae, feather dusters, etc?

There also may be some hitchikers helping you out that you may not have seen! Bum bum bahhh?

There also may be some hitchikers helping you out that you may not have seen! Bum bum bahhh?

Well I know I have 2 snails and a slug (they are the size of pencil tip) but I dont know how much work they are actually doing since they are so small!

Yah i agree lights off and check #'s when u return and it might be ready then

Back
Top Bottom