Adding inverts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cthie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
After three weeks, my nitrites and ammonia levels are zero! Woohoo! Am excited to add some inverts for a bit but am unsure of how many I can add at one time. I plan on adding some scarlet and blueleg hermits as well as a few bumblebee snails and some turbos. they shouldn't tax the biological filter as much as fish would, but do I still need to be cautious. I can save a bundle ordering them online if I can get away with it. :)

I have a 29 gallon tank like you, also just cycled. I added 15 blue leg hermits, 10 astraea snails, 10 nassarius snail, and a peppermint shrimp. I wouldn't worry about taxing the biological filter with inverts to much. The only thing is that you need to have the algae to feed them so don't overstock otherwise you will have to feed them. Anyway, goodluck. :)

I don't think the number is a problem, just make certain you acclimate the inverts S*L*O*W*L*Y via a >>drip acclimation<<, over the course of 4-6 hours. Mobile inverts are very sensitive to changes i specific gravity, temp and PH.

Back
Top Bottom