adding LR tomorrow...how many times did u do water changes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itzafugasi

Aquarium Advice Regular
my liverocks.com order is coming in tomorrow, 80 lbs keys rock. i just want to be prepared w/ enough water for water changes... id like to get an idea as to how many times and percent water changes you all made. Thanks..

Hard to say until you test your water parameters.

It's cured rock so you might not even need to do any changes.

Yeah, a lot of us found that rock from liverocks.com arrives with such minimal die off, that no ammonia or nitrite is ever detected.

even with my SeaChem ammonia test kit, which I"m told can be too sensitive and give false positive readings, I never got more than 0.02ppm of total ammonia...and my AP test kit said 0ppm as did the LFS's tetra brand test kit.

Still good to monitor readings, since its possible for a critter (crab, shrimp) to die inside the rock and cause some elevated ammonia levels...but you'll probably be just fine.

Congrats on the live rock order too. You'll be quite impressed with the quality of Mike's rock.

ok cool, that's what i thought as well. im very excited!! thanks for the replies.

I did a 30% change 2 days after adding the rock just to be on the safe side.

Back
Top Bottom