Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-31-2005, 06:01 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Adding more fish....feedback please

I currently have 2 clowns and 1 Flame Angel in my 7 week old 90g FOWLR tank along with some TS. As I add fish (slowly) over the next several months I would like your help with the sequence and any compatibility issues related to the following:

1 Six-Line Wrasse
1 Neon Goby (or 2)
1 Blue Starfish
2 Pajama CF and/or 2 Bangaii CF
Fridmani Dottyback/Pseudochromis
1 Yellow Tang

Much later (1 year): Longnosed Butterfly Fish, Mandarin Dragonet

Old 09-01-2005, 12:44 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to StripesTheEel
I dont see any real issues provided you have plenty of LR and hiding space..

As far as much later fish go, once you have added all the others I think that you will have reached maximum bioload.. IMO

StripesTheEel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 03:40 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

The yellow tang might have issues w/the butterfly coming later after his (tang's) territory is established.

Not gonna go with the QT tank as you add fish? I'd recommend a cheap 20g set up in the laundry room or something. All it takes is one bad addition to make the whole experience more costly and full of headaches.

Good luck.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 05:10 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks for the suggestions. I will be acquiring a QT tank. What about adding the Butterfly before the Tang? I have read where the BF might be more difficult to care for so I was going to wait for 6 months before adding him and another few months for the Mandarin.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:02 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
have read where the BF might be more difficult to care for so I was going to wait for 6 months before adding him and another few months for the Mandarin.
Same applies to the Flame Angel. Generally, they need a tank that has been established for 6 months or better. Seven weeks really isn't long enough for most of the fish on the list. Just keep an eye on him.

Mike
Old 09-14-2005, 12:02 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

What about inverts? You still could have a clean up crew in a FOWLR set up. I would highly recommend several snails, hermits and a couple of varieties of shrimp.

Also, I would skip the neon gobies. IMO, they are nice for a small set up like a nano, but might get kind og lost in your 90g. I would also hold off on the blue starfish as I assume you mean linkia. They are very touchy. I would suggest a brittle for now and a orange/red linkia though as they are more hardy. Tank should be at least 6-12 months old for Linkia SF to do really well.

HTH,

Tank: 90 Gal SW Reef in the making

See my info for setup and inhabitant details:
afilter is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com