Adding More Live Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LittleParr

Aquarium Advice Activist
Once you have established live sand and rock in your aquarium, how do you go about adding more live rock later on? Assuming the tank has already cycled and you may have livestock in it, what type of process should you follow?

Like most things in this hobby - it depends!
How much more are you adding?
Where is it coming from?
Are you sure that it is fully cured?

The best advice I can give you is that unless you are adding a minimal amount of known cured LR you should cure it yourself in a tub and not place it directly in the tank. See the article Curing Live Rock

Yes like cmor said there are a lot of variables. If i get like 5lbs or less I will just throw it in my tank can handle that but when I get a lot of LR in I have a 20g setup as a QT/Curing tank. HTH

In my personal opinion, I would just cure it myself regardless of the size....I mean, if we are talking about a pound or less, just throw it in. But anything above a couple of pounds, I usually cure myself.

like they said depends how much. If more than a couple pieces you might have to cure yourself. Tell us how much

Yeah but at the same time some folks want to keep the goodies (and unfortunately the badies) that hitch hike on the rock.

Back
Top Bottom