Adding sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bulldog39

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 40 breeder and I am setting up a 120. Can I take my rock fish and 3 corals I have in the 40 breeder and put them in the 120 and add sand later? I am almost finished with the drilling and such but I want to use black sand and it will about a month before I can get it. Is it possible to add 120 lbs of sand to a take with fish? YouTube doesn't have what I am asking so whay do I do?

Awsome thanks. That works with l8ve sand with the water in the bag also right?

I just got done with a sand change I tried a new method it seemed to work flawlessly .
cut top off bag than slowly lay bag on side as sinking to bottom of tank it will slowly fill with water . than lift corner of bag and dump slowly I didn't get the slightest sand storm or cloud .
if your going black be sure it's black I ordered Hawaiian midnight black , so I was expecting black It was more a mix of black and white , it makes the sand bed look really dirty , you can see sand isn't black so after the holiday's I plan on changing out mine again . so be very careful when you pick out sand my mistake was I went by a tiny patch on a web site it looked black. now I intend on buying it local so I can see it before hand. so be aware black isn't always black as I found out.

Attachments

• DSC_0074.jpg
    DSC_0074.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Awsome thanks sounds like that method is for me. And yeah I was looking at the same.sand so will have to check which is true black sand.

Oh didn't know that. I may rethink cause I like my sand sifting goby

Back
Top Bottom