Adding shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Munchkin041804

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all,

I'm ready to add some shrimp to my pico 5 gal tank. I've had it for 2 mths now all parameters have been stable. Kind of wanted to add two sexy shrimp. I normally do a 2 gal. water change once a week (every Sunday) but I only have time to pick up the shrimp tomorrow. Can I do a wc before adding them to the tank or is it ok to do a wc a day later? Just didn't want to shock and kill the little guys! Also any opinions on a good cleanup crew for a 5 gal tank? I do have coral so they would need to be reef safe.

Hi all,

I'm ready to add some shrimp to my pico 5 gal tank. I've had it for 2 mths now all parameters have been stable. Kind of wanted to add two sexy shrimp. I normally do a 2 gal. water change once a week (every Sunday) but I only have time to pick up the shrimp tomorrow. Can I do a wc before adding them to the tank or is it ok to do a wc a day later? Just didn't want to shock and kill the little guys! Also any opinions on a good cleanup crew for a 5 gal tank? I do have coral so they would need to be reef safe.

Hi would get 3 sexy shrimp: they like small groups. I would do the PWC Saturday, then buy then an acclimate them to that water. I wouldn't place them and then while they're trying to figure where They're going to live, you do another PWC!? That would be stressful after all that moving. Just do the PWC sat and add them after slowly acclimating. Then let them be for a couple of days. Then Sunday you can spend staring at them instead of doing the PWC. :)

I would agree. Also can we get pictures once they are in? I am thinking of plumbing a small sexy shrimp tank into my system when I upgrade. I love shrimp but don't want the little guys to get lost in a large tank.

Well I went to my LFS and they only had 2 and they were super tiny. I was to afraid to get them, I do not want my clown to eat them. I'll wait till they get another shipment, and yes I'll add pics. I'll attach pics of what I currently have.

Attachments

• image-1670328106.jpg
    image-1670328106.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 51
  • image-1606626358.jpg
    image-1606626358.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 70
  • image-849724758.jpg
    image-849724758.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 59
  • image-3302005060.jpg
    image-3302005060.jpg