Adopted a tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pleechford

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello everyone! I acquired a free saltwater tank from some friends who were moving! I've grown up around salt water tanks my whole life, I'm super stoked to have this bad boy!

Here are some specs of the tank:
29 gallon bow front, marine land c-160 canister filter, hob protein skimmer, coralife x4 t5ho 2 10,000k and 2 actinic, 40 lbs of live sand (just placed in there during the move to my house), 20 pounds of live rock, two clown fish, one damsel, one firefish, one diamond goby, a frag of green star polyps. I also have a ro/di filter as well!

Any tips and tricks you guys might have to saltwater in general and corals? I want this tank to have lots of coral and look beautiful! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402964575.600641.jpg

Burn the green star polyps with fire before they take over!!!! Jk I'd definitely move them where they cannot grow onto other rocks.
Other than that, advice wise just go slow and keep up with wc!

Hahaha are they quick to take over?! I'll definitely do that thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom