Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Advice about sumps/Refugiums

I currently have a 55 gal tank with no sump or Refugium. I'm considering purchasing a 125-150gal tank. I have no idea about sumps or Refugiums. Please help with step by step instructions for saltwater dummies. I would like to know what I'm doing before I get into it. I need to know everything I need.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

You can make the 55 gallon into a sump if you wanted or any tank for that matter. First you will have to decide if your getting the display drilled or having a hang on overflow to get the water to your sump. Then you will need a skimmer in your first chamber of the sump then your refugium in the second . And the 3rd section holds your return pump to get the water into the display tank. That's the basics really. Check you tube for videos on them you will figure it out fast after watching them.

^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Hondatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:39 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ok. Thanks!

Tags
refugium, refugiums, sump

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com