Advice ASAP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gooyferret

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hello everyone just another question,

i am thinking of purchasing 3 fish today i have a 58gal tank:
2 ocellaris clowns size 1-2", and
1 pacific blue tang size 1"

This is for my new tank, what im wondering is my tank going to be able to handle this bio-load? There is nothing in the tank besides snails and hermits. I am wanting to purchase these all together to make it cheaper to order them online, whats your thoughts could they live, and would my tank be able to handle it with cycle, and stress coat added?

Adding cycle and/or stress coat will do little for aiding the bio filtration is sustaining any heavy additions to the tank. If anything time and patience are your best defense.

I would say adding the two clowns would be just fine. Adding them together greatly increases the chance of pairing (although not guaranteed).

Even if the tank was fishless now and properly cycled, I would skip the tang. Not the best addition to smaller tanks or ones that have been newly set up. They rerquire much swimming room and a stable water environment.

After adding the clowns, if all remains stable, then look to adding another fish in a few weeks or a month. Moving to fast and/or stocking too quickly are usually the attributes of new tank problems... :wink:

Cheers
Steve

ya i have live rock 50lbs of it and 3-4in live sand substrate. i have a 20gal sump also, i have had the tank running for 4 weeks, I tested the water today and yesterday all my readings are 0.

Ok. Two clowns are definatly ok. If your tank is 4' long then a tang would work if it was purchased in a small size.

Tangs can and will get large in compairson to the clowns and will require good swimming room.

If you get three fish today then keep a close watch on your feedings and the water quality for the next few weeks after you get them. If ammonia starts to go up then discontinue feedings and prepair for a 10% water change.

I hate to say this, but Hippos are not good to buy at such a small size. It is
pretty risky. You can rarely get them to eat, they are prone to ich...

Back
Top Bottom