Advice for new 130 Gallon Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

valkyrie_1520

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Please bear with me. This is my first foray into the world of saltwater. I just bought a new 130 gallon non-reef aquarium with an older Oceanic 150 trickle filter (11 gallon sump). The aquarium is not drilled and I do not want to have it drilled. I have been looking at the CPR overflow boxes but I do not know what size to buy. Is it better to buy bigger (1400 gph) and slow the flow rate or buy a smaller overflow box (600-800 gph)? Also, I would like to know your thoughts on pumps and what size I would need.
Thank you. :D

I'd go for the bigger one. You always want your overflow to outperform the return pump under any circumstance, otherwise you end up with a wet floor :)

Howdy. Although I'm not one knowledgeable enuf to give answers to your questions, I still wouldn't miss the opportunity to welcome you to AA. :smilecolros:

I'd also suggest some reading. Robert Fenner's Conscientious Marine Aquarist is a good start - especially before you go too far w/purchases.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom