Advice On Getting Started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OlieBird

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, all. I want to set up a saltwater aquarium and I want to do all the research I can before setting it up. I would like some advice and opinions from people with experience with saltwater aquariums. Your help is most appreciated! :D

Thanks,
Amanda 8)

"The Consientious Marine Aquarist" by Robert Fenner. Agreat very informative book recommened to me on this site.

There are many, many books on the SW aquarium hobby that will give you all the information you need, plus more. The net and books are the best way to get an overview, and then you can ask questions on specifics after that. :wink:

Firat off...Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
I second the Robert Fenner book. Packed full of great info on getting started. As you are thinking, use the time to decide what type of tank you want, how big, the type of filtration method and so on. Once you get a general idea you can narrow things down.

Rsquared333 said:
"The Consientious Marine Aquarist" by Robert Fenner. Agreat very informative book recommened to me on this site.

I agree. This is a must-have.

Where is the best place to buy 'The Consientious Marine Aquarist'? I saw the paperback on overstock.com for $27.00 but that seems a bit much.

Morticus said:
Where is the best place to buy 'The Consientious Marine Aquarist'? I saw the paperback on overstock.com for $27.00 but that seems a bit much.

if you think $27 for a book is too much, i have a feeling you are getting into the wrong hobby. BTW i paid $40 for it at Borders, so $27 is a good deal.

~mike

Back
Top Bottom