Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-17-2004, 01:41 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Advice on saltwater aquariums PLEASE.

I just got into this hobby from my friend. I've gotten some research and looked up some different styles of tanks, but now I would like some real advice from real people. Please give me any advice on the type of tank (I'm thinking towards 30 gallons), filter, gravel, fish, food, ect. Thanks a lot.

TommyGunn528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 02:06 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome TG, how can we help you out more specifically? Are you most interested in a fish only tank or are you interested in a reef tank or....?

Your best approach is reading until you're full enough to ask questions.

snapcrackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 05:11 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
If you have not already done so, pick up a copy of "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" by Robert Fenner. Also, check out the articles on this site. We'll be glad to help in any way we can. Welcome to AA.com!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Logan J
loganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 05:24 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Also....a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY good book that helped me through my first marine aquarium is "The New Marine Aquarium" by Micheal S. Paletta. You can get this book on Amazon.com for cheap... REALLY helpful! As Logan said....fill ur self up with info then come back to ask your more detailed questions that aren't answered in the book. Or, visit ur local fish store!
SALTFISHDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 09:22 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm extremely happy with my 47 gal bow front, it's gorgous. Live rock and everything makes it much more complicated, and i have all these algea problems. But i love my fish! i would recomend fish only, just cuz mine has become such a pain in the you know what! any other help feel free to ask
lbaier is offline   Reply With Quote

salt, saltwater, saltwater aquarium

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com