Ok update, all the fish in the QT are going strong and water chemistry is looking good, continuing with the twice daily PWC
I've set up a 45gal tub in my spare bathroom with 40lbs argonite sand about 10lbs of BR and 5lbs of LR
(I'm making more BR as well, but it won't be ready for at least a week). Tested the water this morning and it was showing 1.0 ppm
Amm 0.5 ppm
NI and 5.0 ppm NA
(that's up from 0 NA
just yesterday) I'm planning a PWC
today. Should I add an ammonia source again or wait until the ammonia levels have gone all the way back down to 0?
Once I have the rock cycling well, I'll need to move everybody back to the 40gal tank at school, any suggestions on the best way to do that? I can work in stages if I need to.
On a related note, I mentioned way back that I wanted to possibly move up to a much larger tank over the summer. The one MAJOR problem I am forseeing with keeping a really big tank is summer vacations. Would it even be possible to get everybody home safely for summer and if so how would you manage it? I only live about 15 miles from my school so it's not a long drive.