Advice please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XxsergxX

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I just bought a nuvo 38 mini and accessories from CL. I was wondering if there was anything else I should do after I cleaned the tank with vinegar. Can I add live sand and live rock now? I rinsed the tank with a water hose.

Hi I just bought a nuvo 38 mini and accessories from CL. I was wondering if there was anything else I should do after I cleaned the tank with vinegar. Can I add live sand and live rock now? I rinsed the tank with a water hose.

I'd let it thoroughly dry and you'll want to fill it with RO or RODI water to prevent Algae outbreaks. If you're doing a reef tank then you'll have to use rodi anyway. Also are you mixing your own water or buying pre-made SW?

I'd let it thoroughly dry and you'll want to fill it with RO or RODI water to prevent Algae outbreaks. If you're doing a reef tank then you'll have to use rodi anyway. Also are you mixing your own water or buying pre-made SW?

Thanks for the reply. Yes it's fully dry, I buy my water from the lfs. So my next step would be filling my tank with RO water then remove and add salt water?

Thanks for the reply. Yes it's fully dry, I buy my water from the lfs. So my next step would be filling my tank with RO water then remove and add salt water?

why fill with ro and then remove it? If you're going to fill it with ro, just go to a pet store and buy some salt mix and mix it in the tank to 1.023-1.025 then add your sand and rock. (it will cloud the water but it will clear up after everything settles) That will save you from wasting the rodi and spending extra on SW. All you need to mix it is a container (your tank in this case), Heater and powerheads.

why fill with ro and then remove it? If you're going to fill it with ro, just go to a pet store and buy some salt mix and mix it in the tank to 1.023-1.025 then add your sand and rock. (it will cloud the water but it will clear up after everything settles) That will save you from wasting the rodi and spending extra on SW. All you need to mix it is a container (your tank in this case), Heater and powerheads.

Ok thanks for the info. Is it also possible to use water from a 24g nano cube that is already running? Or just use new saltwater.

using new water puts you back the nearest to perfect water is my theory. Id mix up some reef salt mix. Seems to help keep everything better stabilized in my experience. Plus its so little of a price increase it's almost not worth saving the pennies on plain mix.

Back
Top Bottom