Advice/suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cjsanders757

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone have experience or had an eshopps advance series sump refugium? Looking to get one but don't know which sump to get.

It's really not that hard. Have lowes/homedepot do the cuts so all that leave you to do is measure and silicone.

Sorry to piggyback on your thread but do you guysknow of a good video to watch on building a simple sump?

A do it yourself sump is as easy as buying a glass tank and siliconing in glass or acrylic baffles that you can get pre-cut at the hardware store. Super easy and super cheap. I would never waste money on a prebuilt sump. Way too overpriced.

Schism said:
A do it yourself sump is as easy as buying a glass tank and siliconing in glass or acrylic baffles that you can get pre-cut at the hardware store. Super easy and super cheap. I would never waste money on a prebuilt sump. Way too overpriced.

I just built a sump took apart a 80g display tank scraped and reglued the panels the had glass baffles cut this way each compartment can be made to your own specs make sure you use silicone without mold resistant and such i used ge silicone 1

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120815_025914.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120815_025914.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 52
  • _2.facebook_55152.jpg
    _2.facebook_55152.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top Bottom