Affordable led for Fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any reviews on these? im Guessing I would just use the timer to turn off the whites to just have moon lighting for evening.

Attachments

• 1488906819892.jpg
    1488906819892.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 43
Basically what I have, 2 timers control the 2 channels, day and blues. Both fully dimmable heavy duty digital timers were $16/ea
If buying the 2 pack you'll need to Daisy chain them together, unless you want to control each panel separately.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited:
How long is it safe to keep fish in the dark? They get room lighting and some outdoor lighting but not much.

There isn't much that can be done in terms of 'moonlighting' with the blue actinics. They will most likely be way too strong to act in such a manner, effectively meaning that it is 24 hours of day time.
I even went out of my way to buy moonlighting LEDs at one point for my tank. Ended up taking them down. If it is what you have to have, then I would simply look for a separate way to do so.

Are these spec suitable for supporting corals if I decide to move that direction down the road?

Attachments

• 1488991994318.jpg
    1488991994318.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 45
Ordered them should be here sat.

Next question?

They are dimmable what strength should I start them at and max out at. And over what period of time.

Timer wise I'm guessing there us a white and blue channel. What would be the appropriate time to run each? Should they both come in at the same time or different times.

Got lights today.

I can set white to come on at a certain time and blues to come on the same or different times.

Should the both be on together for the time period or should one come on first and shut off before the other?

OK this is what I started with. Keep on mind it currently a fowlr but I may slowly start adding some coral.

Blues on at 8am at 20%
Whites on at 10 am at 10%

Whites off at 7pm
Blues off at 9pm

Any suggestions or comments on this set up.

with no coral on my fowlr I run 35% white 50% blue it's up to you how bright you want them as hank stated , as for time there's no set time I run about 8/10 hours but that's not always set in stone
when you decide to go coral that's when you'll need to start off low and raise slowly over a few days watch your coral and how they react don't over do it you can bleach corals fast if not careful

Back
Top Bottom