Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-20-2003, 10:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Aggressive Tank - desire new fish addition

I am a novice at fish mainteneance, as I recently (2 months ago) purchased a 135 gallon saltwater tank from an associate. There is no live rock and its contents are a Large Golden Puffer, Large Halequin Tusk, Large Lunare Wrasse, Medium Trigger (original inhabitants); and I recently added a Medium Volitain Lion and a Hawaiian Goat.

I'd like to add 2 more fish... a Medium Clown Trigger and a Medium Emperator Angel. Will a 135 Gallon Tank support this compliment, assuming monthly H2O changes and monitored Ph/Salinity? 8O

Any help is greatly appreciated. [/b]

Old 07-20-2003, 11:09 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
IMO your overstocked as it is. Many of the fish you list can get quite large and are heavy on the bioload.

What is your filtration?

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 04:01 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to sokhamik
i agree.. many of the fishes you have grow up to be LARGE.. scary, hehe.. i like fishes that stay small.. cool fishes though
Old 07-21-2003, 12:14 PM   #4

Thanks --- though it kills me, as I had my heart set on those new additions. I've thought about swapping out, but I've already developed too much rapport with the existing fish to make any cuts! FYI, and I don't know how normal or unique this is, the puffer wags his tail like a dog when you approach the tank and he sticks his forehead out of the water so you can pet him ... if you stop petting before he desires, he spits at you... pretty cool.

The pump that I have is as follows:

Berlin Triple Pass 250 gallon Protien Skimmer with a wet-dry. As I am a true novice, I don't know if this is the info you were looking for?
Old 07-21-2003, 02:56 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

I love puffers. They have amazing personalties. Although I never ventured to "pet" mine (he was a porcupine puffer) he would always swim to the front of the tank to say hello whenever I went by.
Old 07-21-2003, 02:58 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
One thing, as cute as clown triggers are.....they are exceptionally MEAN.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:59 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to sokhamik
i love puffers, too.. and i think it is great that you can pet yours.. if your is a golden dogface puffer.. you're pretty lucky because those are pretty expensive..
Old 07-24-2003, 11:00 PM   #8

Yeah, none of my friends believe me until they see it for themselves . We named him, "Snaggle," as he is missing two [opposing] teeth... one on the top and one on the bottom.

Thanks for the feedback on the Clown Trigger, too. I was considering giving my current trigger to a friend and replacing it with a Clown... but I'll rethink that approach and do some more research.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:51 PM   #9

Well, my Hawaiian goat only made it 10 days before I found it floating colorless and, sadly, without a head yesterday. Are there any recommendations for bottom feeders/cleaners that can survive a ragingly-aggressive tank

Tags
aggressive, new fish, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com