Aggressive Tank - desire new fish addition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Balrog

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am a novice :? at fish mainteneance, as I recently (2 months ago) purchased a 135 gallon saltwater tank from an associate. There is no live rock and its contents are a Large Golden Puffer, Large Halequin Tusk, Large Lunare Wrasse, Medium Trigger (original inhabitants); and I recently added a Medium Volitain Lion and a Hawaiian Goat.

I'd like to add 2 more fish... a Medium Clown Trigger and a Medium Emperator Angel. Will a 135 Gallon Tank support this compliment, assuming monthly H2O changes and monitored Ph/Salinity? 8O

Any help is greatly appreciated. :!: [/b]

IMO your overstocked as it is. Many of the fish you list can get quite large and are heavy on the bioload.

What is your filtration?

i agree.. many of the fishes you have grow up to be LARGE.. scary, hehe.. i like fishes that stay small.. cool fishes though

Thanks --- though it kills me, as I had my heart set on those new additions. I've thought about swapping out, but I've already developed too much rapport with the existing fish to make any cuts! FYI, and I don't know how normal or unique this is, the puffer wags his tail like a dog when you approach the tank and he sticks his forehead out of the water so you can pet him ... if you stop petting before he desires, he spits at you... pretty cool.

The pump that I have is as follows:

Berlin Triple Pass 250 gallon Protien Skimmer with a wet-dry. As I am a true novice, I don't know if this is the info you were looking for?

I love puffers. They have amazing personalties. Although I never ventured to "pet" mine (he was a porcupine puffer) he would always swim to the front of the tank to say hello whenever I went by.

One thing, as cute as clown triggers are.....they are exceptionally MEAN.

i love puffers, too.. and i think it is great that you can pet yours.. if your is a golden dogface puffer.. you're pretty lucky because those are pretty expensive..

Yeah, none of my friends believe me until they see it for themselves :mrgreen: . We named him, "Snaggle," as he is missing two [opposing] teeth... one on the top and one on the bottom.

Thanks for the feedback on the Clown Trigger, too. I was considering giving my current trigger to a friend and replacing it with a Clown... but I'll rethink that approach and do some more research.

Well, my Hawaiian goat only made it 10 days before I found it floating colorless and, sadly, without a head yesterday. Are there any recommendations for bottom feeders/cleaners that can survive a ragingly-aggressive tank :?: :?: :?:

Back
Top Bottom