aiptasia eating live stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beau_123

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have some aiptasia in my tank and I have used aiptasia killers and things but they keep coming back is there anything that eats them that is reef safe.

Pull the rock out hit it with a hammer to break a small piece off that has it. Or, I have done tgis a few times and it works well. Pull the rock out and get a piece of paper towel and rub it pretty hard and it will come right off. I havnt had any regrowth doing this either.

Black hermits not 100% reef safe but they will get the job done
these hermits are about 1 1/2 inch in size
so use caution they will plow over coral and eat other inverts
2 of them cleaned out my 40 in 4 days along with my poor snails
my local fish shop rents them out $5. a week per pair

The species of filefish that eats aptasia is the matted filefish. How big is the tank and do you have any sessile invertebrates.

The species of filefish that eats aptasia is the matted filefish. How big is the tank and do you have any sessile invertebrates.

It is a 55g and I have a cleaner shrimp and a red foot hermit crab.

If you can remove the rock inject with a small needle syrgine with lemon juice rinse the rock add some peppermint shrimp and they will tear them up. If you can't remove the rock two Peppermints cost about 6-8 bucks and they will clean up extra food.

If you can remove the rock inject with a small needle syrgine with lemon juice rinse the rock add some peppermint shrimp and they will tear them up. If you can't remove the rock two Peppermints cost about 6-8 bucks and they will clean up extra food.

Will they fight with my cleaner shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom