air pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You shouldn't need one, the PH's should oxygenate the water.

As long as there is any sort of flow in the water then you dont need one. Using powerheads, pumps, wavemakers and or any sort of thing like that should get the job done. You just need to have it according to your tank size. Something like using a nano koralia in a 50g tank would not suit it. Just the same if you put a koralia #4 in a 15g.. It all needs to be according. If you ARE going to use a 20g long, then i would say get 1 korlia #1 for good circulation. But if you had a 20g high, i would think a nano koralia would work. Only because the 20g high has less length that the flow of the pump would need to reach. See what is in the budget, and try and go for a koralia. They are awesome.

Keep in mind, in SW, O2 exchange happens at the surface of the water, so phs play a good part, they can also help with pH.

I agree IME no air pump needed. Surface aggitation is needed to aerate the tank.

Good. Always ask questions. The only stupid question out there, is the one that you dont ask.

P.S. I saw that line here somewhere.. i just forget where.. xD

Back
Top Bottom