Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
? Really? I let mine grow out for my guys to munch. lol

I only seem to see green spots on my glass which is difficult to scrape off... But my rocks don't seem to have much... Coraline is spreading nicely though

test for phosphates

how close is your aquarium to a window where there is alot of natural light?

I don't have any one my rocks either. I let it grow on the sides of my tank for the sea hare and blenny. How long do you keep your lights on for?

alot of people seem to think that the lights are the cause of the algae problems.

the sun in is beating on the ocean for liek 17 hours a day, if you go to a reef how much algae is there. now go to a port and how much algae is there.

its more how much nutrience is in the water rather then how much light there is. i have no algae issues with my 26g and my lights are on from 6am -9pm. and only have one asteara snail left.

My lights are on for 9 hours daily... The tank is in my kitchen but I don't allow much direct sun light..

My phosphates are at 1.0

the phosphates are mostlikly the cause of the green algae. try and get them lower with GFO or water changes

Back
Top Bottom