Algae!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Look up cyano it sounds like you have the same thing going on in your tank as I am with mine. Mine is just turning a year and I am not the only one fighting it in my area. Do pwc and try to siphon off as much as possible. Doing a couple of smaller water changes seems to work best for my tank instead of one large one.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I've done one pwc and plan on another one next week. Could this stuff be the cause of my mexican turbo snails dieing off? I lost four now and one I've had in the tank for months the other three about four weeks.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120121_102420.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120121_102420.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 107
  • ForumRunner_20120121_102523.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120121_102523.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 73
It's likely excess phosphates. What are your parameters?

I use a refugium and chemi pure with RO water. Worked for me as my tank is phosphate free.

I would have to agree I used to get this all the time when I used tap water for my pwc but have reciently have switched to r/o water and all is well. Maybe give that a try and see how it works for ya

Thanks for all the help. I ordered a six stage r/od/I unit and can't wait for it to arrive! In the meantime will the crpto harm my coral? As u can see in the pics its creaping up on my flower pot!

If it gets on it, blow it off with a turkey baster. Other than that you should be okay. It is a sign of nitrates though which can harm corals, especially sps, in large amounts. Pwc's will counter that.

Back
Top Bottom