probably... you'd be much better off getting some liquid test kits. Much more accurate and reliable.
Anyway. Let's presume that your adding nitrates/phosphates/silica to your tank thru tap water (to some degree). That coupled with possibly overfeeding, an over abundance of sunlight (esp with the change in season) is probably your algae culprit.
Keep in mind that the algae, as it grows, will be consuming your nitrates.. So a low test won't mean that you don't have any.. only that the growing algae is eating it to grow. If you end up w/ a green carpet of algae and low nitrates don't point to the low nitrates and think they are not the issue. It'll just be that your algae farm is eating them.
You should be able to get your local water results online from your municipality (or where ever your water comes from).
Cut down on the feeding
water if you can
religious water changes
If it get real bad, go dark for a week or 2
Watch the light cycle and sunlight.
and you'll get there...
BTW: Thank you for your service. It is much appreciated. Stay safe.