Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-18-2006, 07:43 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via Yahoo to vsnsofadrgn
you can also turn your ph's off while you feed, so the fish can get it.. i was worried too about every other day, and the fish were def fine, sometimes i went even longer than that. they were good, just beggars, lol.... hth

visions of a dragon

hope dies last
vsnsofadrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:22 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Yeah I was worried about feeding my every other day but they are just fine. Sometimes they even go for a third day without eating from actual feeding by myself. I'm sure throughout the day they'll chomp on a bit of algae or something that floats by.

This has caused my PO to go from 0.5ppm to 0.0ppm, though I still get algae. After my red blenny died the algae has really picked up. It's not out of control, just growing all over the rock so it now looks more brown than pink etc at the minute.

I'm getting a yellow tang soon so that'll sort the algae problem out for sure.

flanque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 02:36 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist
i forgot to ad i also aded some zebra hermit crabs insted of blue leg thay seem to do a better job on algea i beleave thay are strictly herbivors rather thsnd omnivors like most hermits

as for feeding i feed 2 times a day frozen but small portions probubly 1/4 of a cube and let me tell you nothing gets past my clown maby thay dont like the frozen prep you could try somthing els if you can find it and wont to try i use life line green
ianrich147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 02:56 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
looks like cyno bacteria.. have you tested your phosphates? cyno tends to grow in low flow areas.

9/02-125 REEF, 125 lbs LR,LS 4x160 VHO, Reef Devil /Sump, Fuge
7/03-55 FOWLR 60lb LR, 50 lb SD sand 2x40 NO strip light, Reef Devil/sump, Fuge

TANK PICS http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=98202
seaham358 is offline   Reply With Quote

algae, sand

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com