Algae or Diatoms
My new little nano has been up and running for four days and this stuff has just cropped up in the past 24 hours. I know you don't have to run lights during a cycle, but there's a little mushroom coral on the smaller rock and I don't want it to die. As stated in my title, I don't know if this stuff is algae or diatoms so I don't know if there's anything I can do about it, or even if I should.
Don't have water parameters yet. This is my first adventure in saltwater and I'm getting my test kit tomorrow. Lights are on about eight hours a day. Please help?
No idea why the pictures come up sideways. Would appreciate help with that, too!