algae "problem"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mazilla

Aquarium Advice Regular
as long as we are waiting for some pics....i have some of my algae "problem" (not sure if it or not). mind giving me some quick info?

this stuff is ONLY under where the led moonlights, which are constantly on. i have sucked the top layer off before exposing new white sand, and within a day or so it's exactly how it was before. you cant see it unless all the lights are on in the tank. other than that i dont have any other algae than the coraline starting to form on the glass and that came on the lr i bought.

p.s. after less than 2 months i'm getting allot of coraline on the glass, is that normal? i was under the impression that it takes a while in an established tank. thanks a bunch as always :)

Attachments

• fish_tank_074_404.jpg
    fish_tank_074_404.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 21
That looks like a water flow problem. You could also get some more sand stirrers, or move some phs to reditect flow.
What are your water parameters?

I was going to say that it looks like diatoms. They should go away. I have two gobies that turn my sand and keep it clean.

cool, i thought diatoms were those first little algae branch thingies that grew on the glass, those are all gone now. i've noticed the coris wrasse keeps throwing himself on the spots with the algae and eating what floats up. so am i supposed to let them just go away on their own?

so am i supposed to let them just go away on their own?

Indeed. :)

You might also want to check flow to those areas. While it isn't foolproof, diatoms can sometimes exist in a matured tank that has dead spots/less flow.

HTH

i think it may be dead spot related. i noticed a piece of tonga had kinda shifted in front of the area where it is growing, i followed the little debris that gets caught in the powerhead and it kinda stops when it hits the rock and goes upward. i lifted the piece out of the way, well see if it goes away with more flow. if so i'll adjust it accordingly elsewhere. thanks everybody

Back
Top Bottom