Problems with Algae and my plan (tank 1 year old with live rock stacked to the top)
1. Change to RO
water not tap water.(DOING)
2. Don't over fed (no fish yet just debris eaters) so that won't be hard
3. Keep lights on only 10 hours (is that to long?)
4. Improve water movement - stack rocks so no dead spaces - 55 gal
tank get wave maker with 4 water pumps. Currently have 3 pumps to move water along with the protein skimmer and a canister filter (with carbon).
5. Pick the rocks as clean as possible, again.
6. Increase Debris eaters in tank
7. Add UV
Sterilizer - 25watt
Any suggestions - Which one would you invest in first the wave maker or the UV
sterilizer? Nitrates/Nitrites/Ammonia all good
Any suggestions on Wave maker set ups? Would like to purchase one with a 100 gal
tank in mind.