Pls refence my prior post http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewto...867&highlight=
with the topic "Algae out of control".
I've been doing a number of things to try to get the algae under control to almost no avail. I also took one of the "algae" covered rocks and placed it into a saltwater 5g bucket in the basement, changing water about once a week and ciruclating with a ph. After about 6-7 weeks in this bucket it appears that the green stuff is still there, perhaps not spreading..but I thought it would be dying off. There are a couple of clumps of algae blobs but the remainder is still intact.
In prior post I have pictures - is that in fact all algae? And should I expect a rock with this on it, in a covered 5g bucket to die off or at least change from green to brown?