Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-19-2010, 12:34 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Originally Posted by Floyd R Turbo View Post
Yeah, I looked into that system, and it seems like a great idea, and it looks like about the most efficient system out there of it's type. It will remove Nitrate but it's very slow since it works on a drip system, so the larger your system and the more bio-load, the larger and more expensive system you need. And they are expensive. In contrast, the one that SM shows toward the end of his thread tops out at $600 and removes more nitrate, plus phosphate, ammonia, nitrite, heavy metals, etc. If you make your own, which I am going to do (my Dad works with Acrylic) you can do it for really cheap.

I've got my design down and will post a sketch to show you how I'm going to implement it, and I expect it will cost less than $200.
Can't wait to see it. will it be stand alone or will it go in your sump. I am planning a modular sump/refuge so I can add as I go easily.

mdaniel2882 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search