Algea problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Regan_tyler

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I've been watching some videos of these beautiful reef tanks Algea free and mine just looks terrible it's got hair Algea everywhere I've heard about phosphates reactors I'm thinking about getting one but I plan on upgrading to a 55 with a DIY sump and I wanna make sure this one look defiantly better then the one I have now.

Turbo snail emerald crab 2 of this species of snail I forget what they're called something with a c then I've got like 6 blue leg hermit crabs the tanks 30 gallons

Are you using RO/DI water? Phosphates can come from your water and food. Adding a refugium can help export phosphate via a wanted algae. Good luck!

There are a few things to look at with algae in a tank. Firstly is your water parameters. What's your nitrate / phosphate at? Second is the photoperiod. How long are you running the lights?

My nitrates are at 0 and I have no clue what my phosphates are at cause I live in Alaska and I can't seem to find phosphate test but I just started running and filter with phosgaurd in it but when I upgrade to a 55 I wanna use my 30 long for a sump an get a phosphate reactor and I don't a an ro/di unit but I'd like to get one how much do they cost?

What is your water source? I would take a water sample to a LFS and have them test it or mail it out. What kind of lighting are you using? Old lamps can shift in color to cause algae run wild.

My water is just from a well but hopefully I'll be getting an ro/di unit tomorrow and I'm using dual t5's maybe 4 months old

Back
Top Bottom