ALK and CA yet again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve r

Aquarium Advice FINatic
okay, i am getting close to figuring this out. or at least as it pertains to my tank. couple more quick questions

i have stopped adding the ALK portion of the b-ionic two part system. my ALK was climbing much faster than CA. plus before i even added anything my ALK was at 9.6 DKH or 3.64 meql, which already is on the high side of a decent range. my CA is getting to about 380 and ALK is staying at 9.6DKH. my PH is also staying steady at 8.2. is there any reason to add the ALK unless i start to drop below 8.9 DKH?

thanks for being patient with my questions
steve r

No reason to boost the alk any further. If you are able to maintain the alk at the level you have now, just continue to bring up the Ca additions until you reach 425-430 ppm. There is no benefit to having it any higher. Once the balance is achieved, I would even suggest letting the two drop in unison a bit more. Keep the alk closer to the 3 mEq/l mark (8-8.5 DKH) with a balanced Ca.

You can check the balance <<here>> for future reference. Just be sure to use IE, it doesn't work with other browsers.

Cheers
Steve

Those levels are fine. I would recommend kalk to keep your levels in balance. Start with a minimum dosage and take it from there.

Back
Top Bottom