Alkalinity?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gleach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my tank has been up and running since January 1st. I was testing regularly but got a little lazy. So last week I did a full test.
0 nitrates
0 phosphates
0 ammonia
Cal was 380 last week but dosed it to 420
Alkalinity was 7 but is now 8.5 after dosing.
My alkalinity seems to drop quite fast is it possible my LPS is using it that quickly?
I have
1 torch 2 heads
1 acan it has grown to almost 3 heads
1 bubble not too big less than palm size.
1 flower pot very small
1 Duncan in the process of growing multiple heads.
Polyps and zoos
1 Favia brain small.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well it took about 3 days to bring my alk to 8.5 dosing 20 ml at night. I've continued dosing 20 ml for the last 4 days but my alk is steady at 8.5 which i do know is okay but it seems like it should jump up a bit more than 8.5 by this point. Then again i don't really know this is my first tank and my first time using this a b stuff. But my cal has finally stabilized at 420. So i have just been dosing alk every night testing daily around 4:00pm or 5:00pm.

Magnesium levels play a part in this as well. If that's out of whack, it can be hard to adjust alk.

Interesting I know my mag is in the 1300 spmwhere.

How do you bring mag up if you need to? And what's a good simple test kit for mag?

I like salifert for test kits. As far as bringing it up, you need but to add it. Go to BRS's website and browse around. they have lots of "how to" videos that are quite helpful.

Yes Sir. Thanks Mr x you have been most helpful!

Back
Top Bottom