Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-10-2005, 05:40 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm kinda leaning towards the Mag7 right now...also bad to change mind quickly At 4 ft head a properly set up Mag 7 can flow up to 480 gal/hr. That would put about 150 to my 15 gal fuge and the rest will go through the skimmer compartment of my sump. The G3 can handle 500 gal/hr. This way the skimmer should get most protein out while the Mag 7 will use less electricity, make less heat and noise. I will probably just use a closed loop for added circulation because I don't really like powerheads in the tank. Less clutter in the tank is a main reason I am switching to a sump in the first place.

Anybody else have any thoughts regarding the thread on RC?

saltwatersmac is offline   Reply With Quote

flow, glass, gph, megaflow

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off