All-In-One test kits???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Evilbass

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all,

I am looking to see if anyone knows of a good multi-test kit that includes everything that would be needed for both Reef and FOWLR. I have found multiple kits which include the basics (ph, NH4, NO3, NO2) but does anyone know of a multi-kit (NOT DIGITAL, I do have a budget), that also includes KH, GH, CA, etc...

Id prefer to not have to buy 15 different kits, but if need be, I may have too.

Please and Thank you! :cool:

Thanks, i have seen that, but I am trying to locate a kit that has EVERYTHING in one... like a master kit or something along those lines :fish2:

What about the API master test kit? I have the freshwater one but they have one for reef and one that just says marine

API isn't accurate. I really don't think you're going to get a good test kit that had EVERYTHING in it. Do you want drops or strips?

the best you can do for a kit is the red sea kits. They are alos cheap. I think The Nitrate and Phosphate is $49 but then the refills are like $10. Most tests are $25 each time you buy.

Yea I read about red sea, just didn't want to spend 60 for the master kit, then buy all the other individual tests for like 25 each...

I use API for my ammonia, ph, trites and trates. I use salifert for calcium, alkalinity, magnesium and phosphates. I found the API tests for the last few to not be reliable or easy to read.

You'll most likely have to get some separate kits if you want a decent test collection. And yep, for sure stay away from the strips, not at all accurate. :)

For calcium, magnesium, phosphates and alkalinity I use salifert. Pretty accurate and easy to follow instructions. You can actually see the color change distinctly and know what the reading is, unlike with api calcium for instance, you never be sure when the color changes it's so subtle. I bought the hanna electronic testers for alkalinity and phosphate and I use them now since they are literally idiot proof. LOL Just pops up a number and youre done. But they can be a bit pricey.
Check out this link, they have a special price on salifert tests

Professional Testing Kit Package

The saliferts can be pricey too but I slowly bought one like every pay day til I had them all. LOL

red sea are supposed to be quite good as well, just havent tried the new tests they offer yet. Which ever option you go with it;s gonna be $$$ but in test kits you do get what you pay for.

which individual kits do you need all you really need is
Red Sea Foundation Kit that is Calcium, Mag, Alk $49 refills $11
Red Sea Algae Control Kit Nitrate and Phosphate $49 refills $11
If you have a new tank you can buy the Nitrite $15 by Salifert
A Digital PH $19
To be honest I havent tested nitrites in my tank in 5 years, never test Ammonia once the nitrites were gone, you want a good quality test kit.

Back
Top Bottom