Almost there

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Btw, i know the salt was mixed properly because.. i mixed it rofl. Everyone keeps freaking out about it when i tell them i mixed it in my main tank. The only reason i did it is because theres not a single soul in my tank.. its just water. I have both of my pumps close together and it creates a vortex and does alot better at mixing the water in my tank then i ever could in a bucket. Im not stupid, and i know that when i have my LR and inhabitants in my tank, i can not mix salt directly in the tank because salt is caustic to the living things. I already have a setup to pre-mix my salt and keep it airated and everything. Thanks for the concern though.

and yeah :( I removed the tawp.

Also try getting some pumps running no filtration need if your just starting out. You have any Koralia?

lol.. Yeah i have two koralia #2's.. didnt you read the part about the vortex in my above post? lol

Sorry did not catch that. I would just put one on each side of the tank that should take care of your Cloudiness. ;)

Yeah i moved them back to their own corners. That vortex thing was only for when i need the salt to be mixed. But that wasnt the only method on mixing. I used a huge wooden spoon to mix my tank every 15 minutes for like 2hrs. Btw, the water is not UBER cloudy, its just a tad cloudy. I haz pics..

2m2ymis.jpg

It's Good your Koralia will be enough for flow.... So it should keep it cool... I still would keep off your Filter and Skimmer it would affect your cycling process once your start your cycle.

Yep thats what i've been told so im going to shut that stuff off once i get the LR. Im doing the LR cycle since im getting uncured LR. Btw, just incase you didnt know, i have two koralias. idk you just said koralia shoul dbe good for flow, so i didnt know if you knew or not lol. Btw i was looking at your build thread and seriously, your 55 was amazing. completely amazing.

I also meant to ask you, were did you get the Armor of God zoas? Honestly i really want those corals. They are my favorite out of all the zoas.

Yep thats what i've been told so im going to shut that stuff off once i get the LR. Im doing the LR cycle since im getting uncured LR. Btw, just incase you didnt know, i have two koralias. idk you just said koralia shoul dbe good for flow, so i didnt know if you knew or not lol. Btw i was looking at your build thread and seriously, your 55 was amazing. completely amazing.

I also meant to ask you, were did you get the Armor of God zoas? Honestly i really want those corals. They are my favorite out of all the zoas.

I got them from a Local Reefer for Free... I both about $60 dollars worth o coral frags and he threw in a couple for free and Armor of God was one of them.. I love that one and My African Blues.. :)

Yeah Armor of God is awesome. Also, i haz a question about those frogspawns and the Xianths or whatever those things are. Well in any case, do those corals take hold of the rocks around them or do you have to glue them down.. because i know you mentioned something about epoxy.

Well the Frogspawn I had to use some Epoxy to get it to stay but the Xenia Will attach itself to a piece of live rock as long as it is tied down with like a piece of rubber ban or something but it would take less than 24 hr for it to grab hold.

So like frogspawn.. will it EVER attach itself to rock? or no.. lol

Frogspawn no they are already attached to there Skeleton so you would have to attached them to a LR piece and watch them grow.

Oh cool. So right now, if im going to be getting corals like frogspawn or hammer etc.. then im going to be needing some aquarium safe epoxy right?

True, i figured i was going to need more anyways lol. Btw, i dont know if you have any experience with gobies that burrow in the sand or not.. but like.. how do they do it without the sand caving in on them? Because i stuck my finger in my sandbed and like.. when i pulled my finger out of the sand it all caved in and went back to normal..

Well once your rock work is established they;ll find there way in and out. there always at work so there cool to have cause they'll stir your sand and keep it live.

Back
Top Bottom