Alot of these appearing after water change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They r standing tall releaseing something white and milky. Sorry coudent think of better way to explain there actions. Is this normal?

How would they of get there , I am very interested in this thread and will be following!

Sorry i cant be any help what so ever.

Fishy Aston said:
How would they of get there , I am very interested in this thread and will be following!

Sorry i cant be any help what so ever.

I have seen one or two every now and then just never this many at once acting like this I guessing they came in my live rock when I bought the tank on cl.

A word of warning you will see other hitchhikers such as feather dusters and bristle worms...and even leatherback snails are common hitchhikers in live rock

mysticeel said:
A word of warning you will see other hitchhikers such as feather dusters and bristle worms...and even leatherback snails are common hitchhikers in live rock

Have seen some others mostly when lights were off. I just didnt know if this was normal they havent done anything like this but I guess it is

It is common for a lot of sea creatures to release their sperm and egg into the water that will appear as white fog/mist. It is for this reason that leather snails bread rapidly in saltwater tanks, because they are asexual and bread quickly.

Back
Top Bottom