alqae or what

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree about the RODI water. It wouldn't hurt anything, that is for sure. You can get a good system for under $200.

The only thing you would have to pay me for on chaeto is shipping, which usually amounts to $6 for a small flat rate box priority mail.

Only if you possess the power of a deity :)

They are essentially plants. They don't spring from nothing. You would have to get a start of it from somewhere.

A lot of reef stores will sell chaeto algae. It is just a lot cheaper to get it from someone for the cost of shipping, since most folks who run a refugium just trim it every couple of weeks and trash the trimmings.

So basically all I need is some cheato. Or some macro algae ....and that dusty looking algae. In my display tank will go away?????

Maybe. It depends on your overall water quality. There are no easy or quick fixes generally.

Nothing GOOD happens overnight in the aquarium. Get a light and reflector ($20) and some Chaeo(< $10). If you can afford it an RO/DI system($200), if not buy water($1 a gal at the most), its worth it...

Also, for what it is worth, an RODI system will generally pay for itself in the first 12-18 months of use vs. buying water at an LFS. Though, in a pinch, buying water is better than tap, especially when trying to control excess nutrients and get rid of algae.

Just added a 6500 k cfl light above my sump does the lighting look OK as in the pic???? Thx

ForumRunner_20130316_210719.jpg

Would it be a good idea to put live rock I'm my sump???

sure, it wouldn't hurt. It would just be additional filtration for your system.

OK like my fish are dissappearing so I thought about taking some rock out of the display tank and putting in my sump....that way if anything is growing on them it can still grow

Back
Top Bottom