Alrighty, I know I have MTS, but I cant stop!! 16g bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d9hp

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, if you have been following my MTS (multiple tank syndrome) phenomenom (2 SW tanks in the past 2 months) you know I have it bad. And to make matters worse, the great people at All glass are coming out with a 16 gallon bowfront tank. Me, being the nano-lover/bowfronterist I am, have to get it. The thing is, I wont get it until around Christmas. I want to do what Biggen is doing, and slowly buy things, or just at least start figuring things out, that way, right at Christmas I can set up an awesome tank that is pretty much maintence free. (no top off, and whatnot) I hear this new tank is going to be 20 inches long, but that is not confirmed yet. If this is the case I want to get a 3-32 watt PC pendant by CSL. Ok, instead of doing this in sentence form, I am going to do it bullet style.

-3x32 watt pc pendant by CSL
-15 gallon sump/fuge
-pro-heat 2 150 watt heater
-poss. a probe chiller
-auto top off
-bakpak 2 skimmer
this tank will most likely go in my Den.

I know I am missing some things, but did not want to drag this out too long. I know I just set up a new tank last night, but this wont happen for a while and want to keep research up on it. I always get excited about doing this part.

Hm, If you go with two heaters obvously for redundancy then maybe two 100W would fair better than two 150W. I just fear 300W of heaters getting stuck in the on position would do much more damage more quickly than say 200W worth of heaters. A single 100W heater should be able to keep your tank at the temps it needs to be at.

Can you link me to the PC Pendant.

how deep is this bowfront gonna be?

Personally I would look more at the second one you listed.

Ok, I feel pretty badly about making that first post now. Last night when I was doing it, I totally forgot about the oceanic 30 gallon cube in cherry. Right Aaron!! :wink: Now I have another lighting prediciment, I am gonna use MH most likely, since the tank is rather deep and I dont know how to fit good size PCs on the tank. Maybe a 250 watt MH bulb and two 36 watt bulbs for actinic supplementation?

Back
Top Bottom