Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-02-2005, 02:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Am I fully stocked? Any suggestions for new tankmates?

I have 75G with two clownfish, one blue/yellow anges and one small firefish. I have been reading and reading and so far I'm getting the idea that I don't have tankspace for any more fish. I'm guessing the clowns may be 6 inches someday, Angel 4-6 inches and firefish is 4 inches long. Is it 2 inches per ten gallons? I was hoping to add a pretty tang but not if it's going to be overcrowded!

Old 04-02-2005, 04:27 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

The more fish per gallon the more diligent you have to be on water quality but 1 inch per 3 gallons is a common recommendation

Old 04-02-2005, 04:30 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to AR15 guy
If you have enough rock and biological filtration or may be able to add something else.

I am about to go buy another clown for my 10 gallon. There will be 2 clowns in it and thats all.

They are percs..which tend to stay pretty small.

29 gal FW, boring...soon to be salt I think.

10 gal SW, 20lbs LS, 20lbs base rock, 1 unhappy domino damsel (he was in the 38...switched the percs and the damesel recently).
AR15 guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 04:59 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
I would think if you stayed with a tang that did not get large you would be ok as long as you are very concientious about water changes. The yellow tang, scopas tang, kole tang come to mind as recommendations.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:35 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

We got a yellow tang. He's really bright and beautiful and seems to be getting along well in the tank. Our clowns aren't sure about him yet and the firefish did a disappearing act that involved a few high speed "loop-de-loops" that were hilarious! He wanted to hide in the clowns' conch and was trying to sneak in and hide without them seeing him but they shooed him out anyways. He's hiding in the rock somewhere.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:59 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

He will come out in a few days. I take that you didnt qt him....
Old 04-11-2005, 07:38 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular

No, I did not quarantine him. The previous owner of my tank recommended this dealer and felt that anything I got from them should be okay without a quarantine. I'm curious though HOW I could have gone about quarantining him? Can he be in a separate container with some of the tankwater added and an airstone or do I have to purchase something fancy to do it? I'm still learning......
Old 04-11-2005, 10:40 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here is our own great article about it. If you need some more help or have questions fire away!!

http://aquariumadvice.com/showquesti...q=2&fldAuto=17
Old 04-21-2005, 08:11 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Regular

Why, oh why didn't I quarantine??!!!!!!!!

"revtree" you were right to inquire if I quarantined him. As of now my new yellow tang and my (old?) blue/yellow angel are back at the lfs being quarantined! Although he looks wonderfully healthy - two days ago I noticed the tang rubbing himself on everything, then found the white spots and possibly two white spots on my angel. Might be ich or ick? Possibly the stress brought it on from putting him right in rather than in a qt. There needs to be a required 7 day waiting period on all fish purchases just to keep impulsive buyers like me under control!

I hope some good can come to others by sharing my BIG mistake in this forum!

Tags
suggestions, tan, tankmate, tankmates

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com