Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-03-2006, 01:39 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to SuperWade2
Am I in over my head??

I need someone to talk me down from the ledge...

I don't even have water in my tank yet, and I'm already second guessing my decision to go for a SW setup for my 1st tank of any kind, ever...

I just starting getting some of the supplies that I've been buying over the past couple of week and am stumped by the seemingly most simple items...I'm thinking now that maybe I bit off more than I could chew.

I'm a fairly technical guy when it comes to Computers, Electronics, etc, but have never been very handy with plumping, and chemical type things... I'm not sure my skill sets lend themselves to becoming an amateur aquarist.

SW2

Old 02-03-2006, 02:23 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

It's as easy as pie. My first tank was SW. Ask your LFS how things work. What are you confused with? Be specific, and you will get more information than you could possibly imagine from this site.

Old 02-03-2006, 02:38 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to SuperWade2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyH5512
It's as easy as pie. My first tank was SW. Ask your LFS how things work. What are you confused with? Be specific, and you will get more information than you could possibly imagine from this site.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/ftopic...php&highlight=
Old 02-04-2006, 09:27 AM   #4
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

In a way Wade I appreciate your attitude because someone with that mind set will be careful to provide a good life for the occupants of his tank. The people that dont care and dont ask questions are the ones that just do what they want to do and provide a shabby life for his occupants. I understand your dilema and know that you will do just fine. Any question just PM me or anybody on this site. We will help you!!!

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 09:47 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

No worries Wade. Just keep researching and reading as you go. The key to SW is taking things slow. You will be just fine.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:51 AM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Just keep researching and reading as you go. The key to SW is taking things slow. You will be just fine.
I couldn't agree more. Keep asking questions here. As you see from your earlier post, you will receive lots of replies.

I would also suggest that you update your profile (from the home page) for your pop-up information so the members can see what size tank and equipment you have when responding to your questions. It will save time as the 'myinfo' button will display that information and you won't be asked for it with every posting.
cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 11:06 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

You will be just fine take your time. An understanding of how things work and why they do will benefit you more than just throwing something together. I will be willing to guarantee that when you do get your tank setup it will run smoothly and you will have few if any problems in the future. Dont get discouraged. It takes a great deal of time to do it right. Like Melosu said I am sure you can PM someone and they would be more than happy to send you pics to help you. I would if I had mine up and running. still working on the stand and researching. I have been going to the LFS and looking under their stands to see how they got theirs setup. I have been checking their lights out too. I will tell you this site has saved me alot of money too by telling their opinions on equipment quality. Just keep asking questions and researching. You will be fine and you will enjoy your sw tank when you get it up.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:45 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to hackteck
yea before i took the sw plunge i first brought the tank (on sale) then read the forum for about 2 months

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com