ambient light and hood light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ivtec247

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'd like to have my aquarium lights on for the most part when I am able to enjoy them, and was thinking about having my 10hr light cycle on from noon until 10pm each day.

I was wondering how much of an effect on fish behavior/health the ambient light in the room would have during those extra 5 hours or so of daylight, where the room is not bright with all the lights on, but certainly not by any means dark.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts

I was wondering how much of an effect on fish behavior/health the ambient light in the room would have during those extra 5 hours or so of daylight, where the room is not bright with all the lights on, but certainly not by any means dark.

None, I have my lights on from 11:00am to 11:00pm ;)

My tank is in a retail store and during the summer, we are open from 8:30am to 10:00 pm. Of course the store lights are on during that time as well. I have never noticed any problems that this has caused. As long as the tank lights are on a regular photoperiod, I am not sure that the fish/coral even care. Moonlight to them...

:)

Back
Top Bottom