Ammonia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
See I didn't know that!! It's tall and wide tho...is that good enough

Try to get some store credit or sell the fish. Do the fishless cycle, get your own test kits and go from there.

Trust me if it were 48 inches I'd be online ordering one LOL. Its recommended six footer. I guess it could be ok in a five footer as well but I got the low down on the 48" inch one since I really wanted a tang.

This lfs should take the fish back and give you store credit in the least.

What if I get more live rock will that help my cycle a little better with fish?

Trust me if it were 48 inches I'd be online ordering one LOL. Its recommended six footer. I guess it could be ok in a five footer as well but I got the low down on the 48" inch one since I really wanted a tang.

This lfs should take the fish back and give you store credit in the least.

Get a baby tang 1-3 inches; upgrade when it gets older.

I cycled with live rock and dosed ammonia in my 29g tank. It took me about a week to cycle that way. I also had good quality rock and sand that was taken from someone's tank. You definitely shouldnt cycle with ammonia dosing with fish in the tank. Have you called the lfs and see if they can hold your fish for a few days or weeks? Some stores will do that to keep your business.

You are in a tough spot, I know but the chances of all those fish including the tang surviving is gonna take some serious work. You can do it though so dont get too discouraged.

I dont think I would add any more LR right now cause it may produce more ammonia. I think you do need more lR though for that 85, you should aim for between 1 and 2 lbs per gallon. It looks like a great tank so far. And I love your tang. :)

Offtopic but are you supposed to take the shrimp out when doing a fishkess cycle I never took mine out and it blew behind the LR lol

Sent from my HTC ANDROID INCREDIBLE using Aquarium

I take it out after a good spike in the ammonia; before it totally decays. You could wrap it in some cheese cloth for easier removal. I also cut it a little for more surface area.

hackteck said:
Offtopic but are you supposed to take the shrimp out when doing a fishkess cycle I never took mine out and it blew behind the LR lol

From what I heard the shrimp will decay and dissapere after being dead in salt water

RICH305 said:
From what I heard the shrimp will decay and dissapere after being dead in salt water

Oh ok thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom