Ammonia chemicals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

landshark

Aquarium Advice Activist
OK...Im in my laboritory mixing a caustic ammonia chemical with my API kit...what do I do after I test for ammonia....can the chemical be neutaralized or can I just pour it down the sink? I have dogs so I dont want to chunk whats left in the test tube in the back yard.......

Thanks.....Just seeing the picture of the finger burning off on the bottle label kinda gave me the creeps....

If ammonia climbs to 1.0 in a 10 gallon tank how would you lower it? Or is it at a safe level?

Do water changes to remove the toxic ammonia ASAP. Even some kind of water conditioner to bind the ammonia may be helpful.

My ammonia level is still 1.0......do you think my live rock,sand,and gravel is keeping it low? Its been 4 days since I first put water in my aquarium...my ph,nitrite and nitrate are all within safe parameters

I would remove the clown fish immediately and let that tank cycle. You are just torturing them, possibly to death. There is nothing safe about ingesting ammonia.

Back
Top Bottom